A Word From the Authors
We understand the above image is how many people feel about lengthy and wordy privacy policies and disclaimers. However, these sometimes distasteful documents are necessary for everyone’s protection. We strongly encourage you to at least peruse if not read them in their entirety.
Always refer to your specific policy certificate for coverages and benefits. While Health Choice One will always do its best to provide the most accurate information, the generalizations and statistics on this website may not always coincide with your policy certificate. Further, Health Choice One works with many insurance providers but we do not speak on their behalf or represent them in any way beyond what is strictly necessary in helping our customers acquire a desired insurance solution.
Throughout the policy, we refer to information that can identify you as a specific individual, such as your name, phone number, email address, Social Security number or credit card number, as “personal information.” Further, personal information includes any information involving your health or medical history.
- We do not sell, trade or give away your personal information to anyone.
- We do not disclose your personal information to third parties, unless one of the following limited exceptions applies.
Insurance Companies, Licensed Agents and authorized HSA Trustees or Administrators.
If you submit an application for an insurance product offered by us, then we will disclose your personal information to your chosen insurance company to process your application. If you submit an application for an insurance product offered through an insurance agent or agency with whom we have associated, then we may disclose your personal information to that agent or agency to process your requested quote or application. If you complete an enrollment form for a health savings account (“HSA”) offered through an authorized HSA trustee or administrator with whom we have associated, then we may disclose your personal information to that trustee or administrator to enroll you in an HSA. Please be assured that these partners are only allowed to use your personal information to process your requested quote, application or enrollment form and are contractually obligated to maintain strict confidentiality.
We may disclose your personal information to other companies that help us process or service your insurance application or correspond with you. For example, we may provide your personal information to a service provider to verify the validity or credit limit of your credit card. Please be assured that the companies we hire to process or service your insurance application or correspond with you are not allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes and are contractually obligated to maintain strict confidentiality.
We may disclose or report your personal information when we believe, in good faith, that the disclosure is required or permitted under law, for example, to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities or to resolve consumer disputes.
Outside of these exceptions, we will not share your personal information with third parties.
- We collect personal information in the normal course of business in order to process your insurance application and to serve you better.
Applying for Health Insurance and Other Products.
If you apply for a health insurance or other product through our website, we may ask you to provide us with personal information and/or health information relating to you and any family member who will be included on your application. This information will be used by your chosen insurance company, agent or HSA trustee or administrator to process your application. Additionally, we may ask you to provide us with credit card or bank information, which will be used by your chosen insurance company or HSA Trustee or Administrator to process your application or collect any fees associated with your application or insurance premiums upon approval of your application.
Providing you with a quote or processing your application.
We may use your personal information to get in touch with you when necessary to process your application or to provide you with a quote. For example, emails will be sent to you throughout the application process to inform you of the status of your application and to seek additional information that is requested as part of the application.
Customer satisfaction, referrals and other products.
We or our wholly-owned subsidiaries may contact you to survey your satisfaction of our service, refer our products and services to other people, and/or to inform you of additional products and services. You may opt out of receiving these additional communications from us by following the opt-out procedures below.
- We gather anonymous information about you for our internal purposes, and we may share this anonymous information with third parties.
- Anonymous information is any information that does not personally identify you, including aggregate demographic information such as the number of visitors to our website from a particular state.
- We use anonymous information primarily for marketing purposes and to improve the services we offer you.
- We may use “Cookies,” “Clear Gifs,” “Internet Protocol” addresses and other monitoring technologies to gather anonymous information. For a more detailed discussion on cookies and clear gifs, please see below.
- We protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information. For a more detailed discussion of the electronic safeguards on our website, please see below.
- We continue to evaluate our efforts to protect your personal information and make every effort to keep your personal information accurate and up to date.
- If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you want to correct or update your contact information, you may contact us by email at contact@HealthChoiceOne.com or by mail at Customer Service – Health Choice One, 3570 Forest Lake Drive, Uniontown, OH 44685.
- We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Please note that once your application has been submitted to your chosen health insurance company, you may have to contact the insurance company directly to update your application.
- You may opt out of receiving satisfaction surveys and/or information on additional products and services from us.
- If we are going to use your personal information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection, we will notify you via email. You will have a choice as to whether or not we use your personal information in this different manner. In addition, if we make any material changes to our information privacy practices that do not affect the personal information already stored in our database, we will post a prominent notice in the privacy portion of our website notifying users of the change.
- If you want to opt out of these surveys and/or notices, you may contact us by email at contact@HealthChoiceOne.com or by mail at Customer Service – Health Choice One, 3570 Forest Lake Drive, Uniontown, OH 44685.
- Please note that you will still receive communications from us regarding your insurance quote, application or policy even if you opt out of receiving our surveys and/or notices of additional products and services.
- If you have any questions, please email us at contact@HealthChoiceOne.com. We will respond to your questions within 30 days.
Additional Information About Privacy and Security
Please click on a topic below to get more information about privacy and security at Health Choice One.
- Cookies and Clear Gifs
- Browsers and Internet Security
- Security Risk of Using Non-Approved Automated Software Applications
- Links to Other Websites
“Cookies” and “Clear Gifs”
“Clear gifs” are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are used to track the online movements of website users. The main difference between the two is that clear gifs are invisible on the page and are much smaller than cookies. We do not collect any personal information from clear gifs. Further, no information we collect from clear gifs can be linked back to your personal information.
Browsers and Internet Security
Any time you enter or provide personal information in our website, we encrypt it using Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) technology. SSL protects information as it crosses the Internet. To support this technology, you need an SSL-capable browser. Health Choice One recommends using a strong encryption, 128-bit browser such as Microsoft’s Internet Explorer 4.01 or higher. These browsers will activate SSL automatically whenever you begin shopping for plan on our website and when you return to our website to complete an application.
You can tell if you are visiting a secure area within a website by looking at the symbol on the bottom of your browser screen. If you are using Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator, you will see either a lock or a key. When the padlock is in the locked position, your session connection is taking place via a secure server.
Security Risk of Using Non-Approved Automated Software Applications
For security reasons to guard the safety of your data, access to this website is limited to SSL-capable browsers such as Microsoft’s Internet Explorer 4.01 or higher or Netscape Navigator 4.06 or higher. Under no circumstance should you use any software, program, application or any other device to access or log-in to the Health Choice One website, or to automate the process of obtaining, downloading, transferring or transmitting any content to or from our computer systems, website or proprietary software.
Links to Other Websites
Our website contains links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links you are “clicking” to another website. Health Choice One is not responsible for the information privacy practices or the content of such websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of these linked websites as their information privacy practices may differ from ours.